TACOMA'S HISTORIC DISTRICT AND ALL THINGS OLD!

I work many of the Pierce County areas and I have always had an interest in homes and architecture of ALL styles, but I have a special appreciation for the “Grand Ol’ Victorian,” “Warm, Cottage Craftsman,” “Shotgun” and “North End Bungalow,” not to mention, our beautiful Neo-Classical homes. Our historic area is a wonderful mixture of eclectic history. The value of working with someone with a real love of the area in which you live is immeasurable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

University level Track and field Coach. Retired from Real Estate in November of 2011. Agent for Windermere Professional Partners in Tacoma,Washington for 6 years. I specialize in the North End Historic District but, I love all kinds of architecture. I am also a Track Coach at Pacific Lutheran University.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

THE ELKS PROJECT/MCMENAMINS

I couldn't be more excited about this amazing building being saved! I know there is some controversy about the fact that a grocery store is not included in this picture; however, I have a rather simplistic view of this problem. Mind you...this is only my opinion.

How many of us live within walking distance of a grocery store? Questions number two....How many of us actually walk it? Now I'm sure that some do...but there are so many people who live in homes or apartments that are not right next to a grocery store! So...we drive to the closest one. There may be those who say..."I don't live close enough to a grocery store to walk to it so I'll just not eat." Naahhh. From the Elks Building it is a hop skip and a jump up the hill to the nicest Grocery Store in the area, Stadium Thriftway! Newly remodeled, better than ever, gourmet this-and-that, great fish market, meat market, veggies, deli....It goes on and on! You could walk to it from the area of the Elks Building easily. I do it all the time!

Anyway....It sure would be nice to have a grocery store available down there, but if it isn't available, I will still be thanking the powers that be for saving and restoring what is CLEARLY one of Tacoma's most beautiful and recognizable Historic buildings EVER. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Now I'm hungry. I think I'll walk to Stadium Thriftway and get a fabulous burrito!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home