TACOMA'S HISTORIC DISTRICT AND ALL THINGS OLD!

I work many of the Pierce County areas and I have always had an interest in homes and architecture of ALL styles, but I have a special appreciation for the “Grand Ol’ Victorian,” “Warm, Cottage Craftsman,” “Shotgun” and “North End Bungalow,” not to mention, our beautiful Neo-Classical homes. Our historic area is a wonderful mixture of eclectic history. The value of working with someone with a real love of the area in which you live is immeasurable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

University level Track and field Coach. Retired from Real Estate in November of 2011. Agent for Windermere Professional Partners in Tacoma,Washington for 6 years. I specialize in the North End Historic District but, I love all kinds of architecture. I am also a Track Coach at Pacific Lutheran University.

Monday, June 09, 2008

THE HIDDEN HOUSE





IHAVE A HOUSE FOR SALE!
Duhhhhhh. What a surprise!
When I got this listing, I was SO excited! I still am! The problem is this: This Awesome, Cape Cod with a View is hidden!!! It's on a little appendix of Stadium Way. Oh the house is ON Stadium Way but it's on the small, dead end portion that is somewhat of a tributary of the main street. Now, that is a good thing, for the most part, because it is so quaint and quiet and all of the neighbors know eachother and get along and have somewhat of a happy little community with darn nice views. BUT...(there's always one of those, isn't there) people are having a tough time finding this little house.
On Open House days, it's tough to get enough signs out there to direct people to the home. We're only allowed 3 you know.
NOW...get this...the city is tearing up the whole Stadium Way to put in new water lines and eventually bury all of the wires that are above ground on poles. So the poles and the wires will be gone!!!! That's a good thing, right? Yea! Except for the street is almost totally blocked off and IS impassable at times throughout the day. This is extremely discouraging for potential buyers of this fantastic home (not to mention, their agent:-)

I think what I need to do is don a gorilla suit and a sandwich board and dance around up on Tacoma Avenue and direct the Open Housers down the hill to 910 N Stadium Way! Any other ideas!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home