TACOMA'S HISTORIC DISTRICT AND ALL THINGS OLD!

I work many of the Pierce County areas and I have always had an interest in homes and architecture of ALL styles, but I have a special appreciation for the “Grand Ol’ Victorian,” “Warm, Cottage Craftsman,” “Shotgun” and “North End Bungalow,” not to mention, our beautiful Neo-Classical homes. Our historic area is a wonderful mixture of eclectic history. The value of working with someone with a real love of the area in which you live is immeasurable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

University level Track and field Coach. Retired from Real Estate in November of 2011. Agent for Windermere Professional Partners in Tacoma,Washington for 6 years. I specialize in the North End Historic District but, I love all kinds of architecture. I am also a Track Coach at Pacific Lutheran University.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

POMODORO? IT'S A REAL ESTATE BLOG!

I know it's a real estate blog, but...it's my blog so I can write about whatever I want! I felt compelled to write about the Proctor District's Pomodoro Resaurant http://www.pomodoroproctor.com/ indirectly it DOES have to do with real estate. It certainly makes a difference to the people who live in the Proctor District.

This little Italian restaurant is not just your normal eating spot. Those of us who frequent the "P" don't just go there just because we're hungry and they serve fabulous Italian cuisine. We go there every week (sometimes more) because of Terry, Elliott, Rob, Brandon, Deb and at least 4 others whose names escape me right now. These servers, and the fabulous chefs, should have their own sit-com or reality show. Not only do they entertain each customer that patronizes the "P" but they turn you in to a "P" addict!! No other restaurant that my hubby and I go to makes us feel like "we just can't wait to return." The staff at the "P" create this atmosphere that makes every one of their customers feel like friends and family. You feel like staying and visiting with them and you even wind up getting to know the other regular customers that come in as frequently as you do. Each of these servers have their own distinct personalities and the place just wouldn't be the same without any one of them. So stay guys...don't ever leave:-) I've kind of tried to summarize the personalities for you so that when you go in there for the first time you may be able to guess which server you have. Deb - Juggler. She juggles all of the reservations, gets people seated, does PR, helps everyone with everything. Elliott - a rather formal character who has his serving technique down to an art and moves fast as hell. Terry - resident stand up comic and marguerita maker and full of pros. Rob - an icon at the "P" and personable, comfortable, professional. Brandon - incredibly happy all the time, will join you at your table (especially if you are a group of UPS girls:-) and chat. The chefs (don't know their names) but it is incredibly entertaining if you sit at the bar or window counter, to watch those guys at work. Small work space; sometimes three guys back there; sometimes one but, the coordination and syncronicity would be a "Youtube" winner. There is one server that I think I've overlooked and that's Krissy. We don't get put in her section very often (probably because we're window addicts) but, she works her :%$# off. She may be the only female server there. I don't believe I've seen another.

So...OK...that's my schpeel on my favorite restaurant and you're probably wondering still what this has to do with real estate. Well...I would move to be closer to the "P" if I could. I'm certain that it is a huge part of why the Proctor area is so desireable for buyers looking for a home. Hmmm....notice how I tied that in? :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home