TACOMA'S HISTORIC DISTRICT AND ALL THINGS OLD!

I work many of the Pierce County areas and I have always had an interest in homes and architecture of ALL styles, but I have a special appreciation for the “Grand Ol’ Victorian,” “Warm, Cottage Craftsman,” “Shotgun” and “North End Bungalow,” not to mention, our beautiful Neo-Classical homes. Our historic area is a wonderful mixture of eclectic history. The value of working with someone with a real love of the area in which you live is immeasurable.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

University level Track and field Coach. Retired from Real Estate in November of 2011. Agent for Windermere Professional Partners in Tacoma,Washington for 6 years. I specialize in the North End Historic District but, I love all kinds of architecture. I am also a Track Coach at Pacific Lutheran University.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

SPECIAL VALUATION FOR HISTORIC PROPERTIES

"THIS IS MY WORK IN PROGRESS"


I wonder how many of us that live here in the historic district are aware of the possible tax break we could get if we remodel or restore a historic home. For that matter...Real estate agents should be aware of this possibility and share it with their buyers that are looking in this area.

I would certainly like to know that I might be eligible for a tax break if I fix up an old wreck of a historic structure or make improvements to my "maintainence nightmare." It actually doesn't even have to be a wreck! Shoot...This could be the deciding factor for changing a "work in progress" to an awesome finished project. WHAT! A FINISHED PROJECT!!! The tax break applies to any historic property as long as the costs of the rehab are ....Well...just read the quote containing the details below that I pulled off the Pierce County Assessors website.

"Owners of qualified historic properties may apply for Special Valuation that subtracts certain rehabilitation costs from the assessed value of the property for a period of no more than 10 years. These costs must be at least 25% of the assessed value of the structure prior to rehabilitation and be incurred during the two years prior to application."

The application can be obtained online or from the Assessor-Treasurer's Office. The completed application should be submitted to the Assessor-Treasurer's Office before October 1 to be considered for Special Valuation in the following year. The Local Review Board will approve or deny the application. RCW 84.26




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home